EWFW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New CoS

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The New CoS - Page 2 Empty Re: The New CoS

Post by Scott Manson Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:33 pm

I agree. We have to decide where we go from here and introduce Eirik into the picture somehow.

Scott Manson

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:35 pm

working on that,was busy with someones video tho lol.. i was thinking since you fight him in the 1st round maybe Bret and i can get a match in singles,then the week after tag just to mix it up.. i'll try to write up the 'retaliation' tomorrow which includes eirik maybe have him challenge you to a match for the next show to tie that in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bret Shayne Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:43 pm

Sounds like a good plan, definitely need to organize a beat down from the church to give a much stronger motive for wanting to take down the church.

Bret Shayne

Male Number of posts : 52

http://www.otakureview.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:08 am

think we'll just beat you down everytime you try to have one of your segments so you really want to take us down for always interupting the sermons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:20 am

that makes the CoS sort of face then though?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-01-10

https://ewfw.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bret Shayne Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:29 am

Yeah, I agree. That just makes the CoS look soft and would turn them face.

Bret Shayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Manson Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:35 pm

Why don't we just go with the segments we have now for show 2. This sets up a singles match between Shayne and Portis. Have me and Lust come to the ring with Shayne for the match.

At the end of the match, Lust distracts the ref. while I slide a chair in the ring to Shayne.

If Shayne wins, all he has to do is pin Portis after the chair shot

If Portis wins, the ref. will turn around and see the chair shot, giving Portis the DQ victory.

Either way the CoS will beat the knocked out Portis up after the match and Eirik Vincent will come to the ring with some kind of weapon for the save.

The CoS will leave the ring as soon as Vincent enters as we exchange inaudible words back and forth.

This will set up a tag match for the next show, or even Shayne telling me to "take care of Vincent" in a singles match and save the tag for the following week.

Scott Manson

Back to top Go down

Post by Bret Shayne Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:39 pm

Good rundown Manson, good plan for show two.

It'd probably be better to have a singles match on show three and then save the tag match for the PPV.

What does everyone think? Any ideas for additional promos that need to be cut for shows two or three? Should probably create something to keep interest alive.

ETA: A pre-match promo from myself directed at Portis sounds like it'd be smart. Agreement from admin? Is there a backstage announcer that roster members can start using in their posts?

Bret Shayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:00 pm

still have the original match show 2 and then a Manson v Vincent no outside interference match or something and then you do so you have a tag at the major show.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-01-10

https://ewfw.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bret Shayne Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:52 pm

Got a little bored so I wrote up this promo to take place on the second show before the match between Portis and Shayne. If it can't be used for whatever reason, feel free to ax it. It was just something I threw together anyway to add something to the story.

The camera cuts to the backstage area. A man is holding a microphone and Bret Shayne is standing next to him. Instead of the suit that he normally is wearing, Bret is in his ring gear; his legs clothed in crimson red martial arts pants. His dark glasses remain on and his long hair is still slicked back into a ponytail but he wears his long leather trench coat and Lust is wrapped around his arm.

Interviewer: Ladies and gentleman, joining me at this time is the leader of the Church of Shayne, Bret Shayne.

The crowd lets off some heat towards the image of Bret in the backstage area which he accepts with a stoic smirk.

Interviewer: Now Bret, later tonight you’re going to be taking on the man that you and Scott Manson attacked last week. Let’s take a look at that…

A short video clip is shown of the attack from the previous week. Slowing down and going to black and white at the exact moment the chair smacks Portis in the back of the head sending him to the ground. The two are shown beating him down and leaving moments later.

Bret: Ah yeah, I remember that now.

Interviewer: Now? Do you seriously mean to tell me that you had forgotten about it?

Bret: Well I’m not sure that I would go as far to say that I had forgotten about it more like I just hadn’t thought about it since then. You see last week, Scott Portis made three mistakes. The first mistake was even stepping out onto that stage where I would have to look at him. The second mistake was picking up that mic and interrupting one of my sermons and then the third mistake was his fatal mistake, he challenged me to a match.

Now as someone of my stature in the world and importance to the populace at large, I’ve come across individuals such as him. He has arrived somewhere new, wants to make a name for himself and so he lashes out at the first man that vaguely resembles a target. He doesn’t actually care about me, the mighty Church of Shayne or even those idiots out in the audience. All he cares about is getting out into that ring and showing the bosses in the back that he can has what it takes to be ‘the next huge star’ and he’s using me to do it.

Bret takes off his glasses and folds them up. He pauses as he taps the edge of the glasses against his lip as though he’s collecting his thoughts.

Bret: Now as far as I can see, that makes Portis a nothing. He’s inconsequential and as such, he expects to step out into the ring tonight… have a match with me and after he gets his big victory over me, he’ll have moved up the ladder and he’ll move onto whatever he perceives to be his next big challenge.

What he doesn’t realize though is that the world does not work like that. The EWFW does not work like that and I most certainly do not work like that. Portis, you stepped out into my line of sight and you challenged me to a fight. Tonight, you will step into the ring and you will face off not against a man, but a purpose. You will be facing off against the one who will be leading the world into their next great age. Portis, you are facing the wraith of Bret Shayne. Sin is in Portis, so let it begin.

Bret puts his glasses back on and walks out of frame with Lust in tow leaving a perplexed interviewer to stare into the camera.

Bret Shayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:52 pm

Yeah, I agree. That just makes the CoS look soft and would turn them face.

Are you kidding? Heels are allowed to be soft. Running your mouth and taking a beating doesn't make you a face. If that were the case, Ric Flair would be one of the greatest faces of all time.

Either way the CoS will beat the knocked out Portis up after the match and Eirik Vincent will come to the ring with some kind of weapon for the save.

The problem with this is it's been done. Not just last week, but last I checked was the plan for half the roster. Plus, how dumb are we supposed to be? Are we not expecting another jumping because you've been so ethical in the past? Pretty sure I'd already be out there.

If you want to go with the chair thing, I'd suggest the chair goes to whoever wins the match. Not like Portis would hesitate to hit Shayne with a chair. I'm already there and see what Hunter is doing, so right after passing the chair in I grab him in a Ragnarok submission. There's a good chance at this point that both the CoS are laid out. In which case, rather than pummeling them with chair shots (yawn), we head back to the dressing room, and I take Lust with me. That will deepen the feud better than just another beating. Plus, it gives us something to work with later on. Rather than the CoS just hating us because Portis was once rude to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bret Shayne Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:09 pm

Eirik Vincent wrote:
Are you kidding? Heels are allowed to be soft. Running your mouth and taking a beating doesn't make you a face. If that were the case, Ric Flair would be one of the greatest faces of all time.

No, it doesn't make them CoS into faces but it would make them lose credibility in an instant unless something huge was done to retaliate.

I see your points there and I agree that the beat down is a little tame in terms of where we could go with this but we have plenty of time to think of something better. If we don't think of anything better than the beat down idea works since it plays into the CoS trying to dominate anyone it sees as a threat or enemy in order to further their agenda.

I wouldn't mind hearing more about your idea to kidnap Lust but again, that seems like a heel-ish thing to do (putting a woman into harms way, I know cheesy but it would play out that way to the audience I think) so I'd be curious to know how you'd want to do that without turning your team heel or turning Lust face.

Bret Shayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:49 pm

we CANT turn heel,been heel from the start and not plans to change that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bret Shayne Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:04 pm

Sorry, my fault. Got a little mixed up again.

Bret Shayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:32 pm

No, it doesn't make them CoS into faces but it would make them lose credibility in an instant unless something huge was done to retaliate.

well if you guys are the charismatic faction,and yet stomp the brute faction what exactly are we gettign from this story at all? when i said jump you EVERY show was a mirror image of you guys suggest we can get jumped endlessly..guess credibility only matters for the one side?.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bret Shayne Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:36 pm

Well I actually thought CoS were playing the heel role, that's why I got confused.

Bret Shayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Manson Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:26 pm

Look guys I don't want to everyone to get heated over this. I think we can all agree that both of our teams should be put over in this feud. My layout was nothing more than a suggestion.

It doesn't make sense to me to have Eirik come to ringside with Portis because Portis challenged the CoS by himself and Eirik is yet to be introduced into the storyline or as Portis' tag team partner. I just thought it would be a good way to introduce him that's all. I am certainly open to other ideas but if we don't agree on something, nobody going to go over.

Once Eirik is brought into the picture I think it would make sense for the two of you to do an ambush on us. In fact, if we use Shayne's pre-match interview we could cut to the CoS locker room where Portis and Eirik are attacking me, as I was not present during the interview. This would set up my one on one match with Eirik quite nicely I think.

I think a kidnapping of Lust would work best if it were done after a tag match, to set up a tag team rematch as a "winner gets Lust" match or something like that.

Scott Manson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:35 pm

---

Last edited by on Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Manson Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:52 pm

Portis I think you're misunderstanding where we are coming from. I know that you only challenged Shayne and not both of us but what I meant was that nobody watching the show will know who Eirik is if he is not introduced in the storyline in some way. Like I said what I put was only a suggestion and if you can come up with something better then by all means do. You've only been jumped once so I don't see how you're a "tackling dummy" because we attacked you two on one for interrupting the sermon. And if you noticed, I suggested that the two of you jump me as a retaliation.

And I don't see how your ideas of jumping Shayne in the shower or on the toilet would do anything BUT make him loose his credibility. Even though I agree it would be a pretty funny spot.

But I think if we all started thinking POSITIVELY about the feud it would run a lot smoother. If there is something about the feud you don't like, why not give us an alternative instead of just shooting it down?

Scott Manson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:59 pm

Last edited by on Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott Manson Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:11 pm

I would like to know when I ever said "how about Bret attacks you instead."
I want you guys to get over as much as I want us to get over. I'M ON YOUR SIDE MAN!!!

But I feel as though my posts are now falling on deaf ears as your mind is clearly made up and you are convinced that we are trying to bury you guys.

So if you think it makes sense for Eirik to be introduced at ringside with you, without anybody knowing who he is yet, then do it. Whatever.

If you want to chase me in the shower do it. I can't speak for Shayne but if he's ok with it do it to him instead if you want. I don't care.

All you're doing is voicing concern without offering solutions. I attempted to do that by telling you guys to jump me (as I cannot speak for Shayne). But like I said if you don't want to acknowledge that, I can't make you.

I honestly don't know where all of this hostility has come from man because as of yesterday we were cool and I haven't done anything (to my knowledge) to change that. So if it's a personal reason I would appreciate it if we could talk in private to resolve that. Otherwise, I don't really know what else to tell you.

Scott Manson

Back to top Go down

Post by Bret Shayne Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:44 pm

I think this time the confusion is my fault so I'll take the blame.

Ok, here's what I'm thinking after reading everything from the last couple of hours...

Match is set for show 2, Shayne vs. Portis. Before the match starts, Portis cuts a promo to introduce his insurance which would be his tag team partner. Shayne pitches a fit in the ring about it suddenly being unfair but match continues.

Eirik and Manson get into a fight on the outside during the match. Eirik gets knocked down at some point leaving the window open for Portis to get beat down win or lose after the match until Eirik jumps up and makes the save causing the CoS to flee the scene.

Show 3 and 4, I'm all for the comedy spots with Portis and Eirik going after CoS backstage in the shower or toliet (we'll be sending posts back and forth anyway so it's not like I'm worried about anyone in the story going too far or too campy with it).

One more match set up between the two teams (singles match or something, I'd like the admin to step in with an idea on what he thinks would be best) and then that leads us up to the big tag match at the PPV.

I'm still not sold on the kidnapping of Lust idea. I just don't think that it'll play out the way that it's supposed to and will back fire but I'm not vetoing the idea. Just need more convincing between now and 3 weeks or so from now.

Anyways, that's just kind of what I pieced together and put together just now.

Feel free to mention what you don't like and what you suggest to fix it. I think that this gets everyone over pretty equally with the constant back and forth of who is on the offensive though I might suggest one more change of momentum towards the CoS before the PPV match but I have no real ideas on how we would do that at this point.

Anyways, sorry if I stirred up some issues here.

Bret Shayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:59 pm

Last edited by on Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Bret Shayne Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:09 pm

lol ok sorry again, I got confused about the whole backstage area.

I can totally see where you're coming from with the chair shots being over done. Just seemed like a decent way to go about things.

We really do need to decide though who's face and heels since I was sure that CoS were going to be a heel faction. Are you absolutely against going over as the faces?

Bret Shayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:13 pm

2 heel factions can fight done all the time. so you are the heels as well are we. the entire roster (well those who post anything) are backstage chair shots etc doesnt bring anything to the table. plus no offense but hunter cant take out eirik so that lacks reality lol. so how about Hunter tries to slap Eirik , Eirik ducks that takes hunter out of the mix for a bit,we both pummel you then Hunter gets up,lust hands him a tissue and he comes in to save you and we run off (Im kidding hunter ,doesnt mean i hate you,so relax lol)...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum